Silverswift Cairns to the Outer Barrier Reef.
Silverswift departs daily from Cairns. This tour spends 5 hours on the outer barrier Reef and visits three spectacular Reef locations.
Guests can enjoy scuba diving for introductory and certified divers and unlimited snorkelling.
Silverswift Cairns departs Cairns at 8:30 am and returns to Cairns at 4:30 pm.
Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is one of nature’s most beautiful and unique places. You will experience the best of it on the Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour.
The friendly local crew has taken our guests to the Great Barrier Reef for over 30 years.
Snorkelling on Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour
You will visit three uniquely different sites chosen by the Skipper on the morning of departure.
With a guided snorkel tour during your day, you’ll get to explore the magic of the Reef in complete safety. Our friendly crew will help you use the snorkelling equipment if you’ve never snorkelled.
Next, to make the most of your day with Silverswift Cairns, join the guided snorkeling tour.
Your guide will lead you to the shallow coral gardens to learn more about the marine life around you.
Your marine interpreter will be pointing out Great Barrier Reef animals, corals and areas of interest along the way.
Scuba diving with Silverswift Cairns
We cater to both certified and introductory scuba divers. As a certified diver, you can experience up to three dive sites.
Our scuba diving instructors accompany all dives at no extra charge.
They have vast local knowledge of all the locations and know all the best drift and dive walls, bommies and pinnacles, coral reef gardens and swim-throughs. Certified dives can last up to 40 minutes or more.
As an introductory diver
Silverswift Cairns instructors will be by your side throughout the whole experience. On your way out to the Reef, you will fill out a medical questionnaire, and the crew will assess your medical fitness to dive.
Silverswift Cairns crew will teach you the necessary skills, and once you’re comfortable, you can take the plunge! All equipment, including wetsuits and prescription masks (if needed), are included in the introductory dive price.
Introductory divers can complete up to two dives, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. You can reach a maximum depth of 12 metres.
This Great Barrier Reef tour visits the following Reef locations
Please see the pictures to find out more about each Reef site.
Next, explore other fantastic Great Barrier Reef Tours.
3 Outer Barrier Reef locations
Get Ready to Take the Plunge!
- 7:30 am – Check in at the counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal for your boarding passes.
- 8:15 am – Vessel boarding. Complimentary morning tea/breakfast is served.
- 8:30 am – Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for the Outer Reef. On the journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 9:50 am – Arrive at the first Reef location. Divers will gear up while the snorkelers’ site briefing begins.
- 11:15 am – We depart for the second Reef location. Option for introductory and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkelers site briefing.
- 12:30 pm – Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air-conditioned cabin.
- 1:40 pm – We depart for the third location. Snorkelers are once again briefed on the areas best to snorkel and guided snorkel tour—an option for certified divers to do a third or second introductory dive.
- 2:15 pm – Afternoon tea served.
- 3:00 pm – All passengers board vessel for the final passenger count.
- 3:15 pm – We commence the journey back to cairns.
- 4:30 pm – We arrive at Cairns Marina.
What’s included in a Silverswift Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour
- Return cruise from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Delicious morning tea, including focaccias and muffin cakes. Afternoon tea cakes, cheese and biscuits.
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch. (Please advise us of any dietary requirements).
- Reef Interpretation.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins).
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervisor.
- Equipment for divers is provided, including a wetsuit.
- Hot freshwater showers.
- Prescription masks are available at no extra cost.
- Lycra suits.
Certified Scuba Diver – Full Gear (1 dive) $63.00, 2 dives $90.00, 3 dives $110.00
Certified Scuba Diver – Tanks Weights (1 dive) 3$51.00 two dives $78.00. 3 dives $98.00
Introductory Scuba Diver – Full Gear (1 dive) $84.00, 2 dives $158.00
- Your camera.
- Swimming costume and towel.
- A hat, sunscreen and a shirt
- Your diving certification card
- Cash for drinks at the bar, credit card for additional dives.
- Please note, there is a small reef levy (Government Environmental Management Charge) to pay upon check-in.
Silverswift Cairns departs daily from the Cairns Marina.
First, guests are required to check in with the Quicksilver team inside the Reef Fleet Terminal.
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
We recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking, as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
It would be best if you did not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive for a single no decompression scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.