Silverswift Cairns to the Outer Barrier Reef.
Departing daily from Cairns. Silverswift Cairns spends 5 hours on the outer barrier reef. Visiting 3 spectacular reef locations.
Whilst onboard, Scuba diving for introductory and certified divers,, as well as unlimited snorkelling, is available.
Silverswift Cairns departs Cairns at 8:30 am and returns to Cairns at 4:30 pm.
Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is one of nature’s most beautiful and unique places on the planet. You will get to experience the best of it on the Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour.
More outer barrier reef locations
Join our Scuba diving and snorkelling tours on one of the Worlds best Natural Wonders.
Our friendly local crew have been taking our guests out to the reef for over 30 years.
Snorkelling on Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour
We have access to stunning remote reef locations.
You will visit three uniquely different sites chosen by the Skipper on the morning of departure.
With a guided snorkel tour included in your day, you’ll get to explore the magic of the reef in complete safety. If you’ve never snorkelled before, our friendly crew will help you with how to use the snorkelling equipment.
Next to make the most of your day with Silverswift Cairns, make sure to join the guided snorkel tour.
Your guide will lead you over the shallow coral gardens to learn more about the marine life around you.
Your marine interpreter will be pointing out fish and marine life, corals and areas of interest along the way.
Scuba diving with Silverswift Cairns
We cater to both certified and introductory scuba divers. As a certified diver, you can experience up to three dive sites.
Our scuba diving instructors accompany all dives at no extra charge.
They have vast local knowledge of all the locations and know all the best drift and dive walls, bommies and pinnacles, coral gardens and swim-throughs. Certified dives can last up to 40 minutes or more.
As an introductory diver,
Silverswift Cairns instructors will be by your side through the whole experience. On your way out to the reef, you will fill out a medical questionnaire, and the crew will assess your medical fitness to dive.
Silverswift Cairns crew will teach you the necessary skills, and once you’re comfortable, you can take the plunge! All equipment, including wetsuits and prescription masks (if needed), are included in the introductory dive price.
Introductory divers can complete up to two dives, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. You can reach a maximum depth of 12 metres.
3 Outer Barrier Reef locations
Get Ready to Take the Plunge!
- 7:30 am – Check-in at the counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal for your boarding passes.
- 8:15 am – Vessel boarding. Complimentary morning tea/breakfast is served.
- 8:30 am – Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for the Outer Reef. On the journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 9:50 am – Arrive at first reef location. Divers will gear up, while the snorkelers’ site briefing begins.
- 11:15 am – We depart for the second reef location. Option for introductory and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkelers site briefing.
- 12:30 pm – Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air-conditioned cabin.
- 1:40 pm – We depart for the third location. Snorkelers are once again briefed as to the areas best to snorkel. Guided snorkel tour. Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2:15 pm – Afternoon tea served.
- 3:00 pm – All passengers board vessel for final passenger count.
- 3:15 pm – We commence the journey back to cairns.
- 4:30 pm – We arrive at Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Return cruise from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Delicious morning tea, including focaccias and muffin cakes. Afternoon tea cakes, cheese and biscuits.
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch. (Please advise us of any dietary requirements).
- Reef Interpretation.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins).
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Hot freshwater showers.
- Prescription masks are available at no extra cost.
- Lycra suits.
- Your camera.
- Swimming costume and towel.
- A hat, sunscreen and a shirt
- Your diving certification card
- Cash for drinks at the bar, credit card for additional dives.
- Please note, there is a small reef levy (Government Environmental Management Charge) to pay upon check-in.
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
We recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking, as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
It would be best if you did not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive for a single no decompression scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.