Great Barrier Reef tours with Reef Experience is the Best way to see the GBR
This Great Barrier Reef tour departs daily from Finger A Cairns Marlin Marina.
- Boarding at 730 am for an 8:00 am departure
- Departure time: 7:30 a.m.
- Return: 4:30 pm
- Adults cost $205.
- Children $125 ( 4 -11 years )
- Family 2 adults and two children (4-11 years) $535
Great Barrier Reef
Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is magnificent, consisting of 400 types of coral, 1,500 species of fish, and 4,000 molluscs. Every day our visitors swim with green sea turtles.
This is the World’s largest coral reef. There are over 2,500 individual coral reefs and 900 islands. Once you pop on a mask and a snorkel, the stunning colours of the Great Barrier Reef will take your breath away. The Great Barrier Reef is the leader of all World Heritage sites for biodiversity.
Getting to the Great Barrier Reef
Everything you need to know about the Great Barrier Reef Deluxe Cruise: a state-of-the-art, modern, and speedy catamaran is the best method to observe the Great Barrier Reef. Getting to the outer Reef on a catamaran gives you more time to explore this UNESCO-listed world heritage site.
This tour includes fantastic options, making it the only fully-inclusive Great Barrier Reef tour available.
Either arrange a complimentary pick-up from your Cairns accommodation or meet at Finger A number 8 on the Marlin Jetty to begin the tour.
Boarding starts at 7:30 am, and then enjoy a delicious breakfast of BBQ egg and bacon rolls, tea, and coffee upon arrival (If you have dietary requirements, please advise in the booking notes at the time of booking). We depart for the Outer Great Barrier Reef at 8:00 am.
On the way, we will show you how to use snorkelling and scuba diving equipment, the specialists, and you’ll also get a safety lecture. Along the way, enjoy the fun and informative marine biologist presentation.
At 9:30 am, you’ll arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef site. For this Great Barrier Reef tour, our captain will wait until the day of the trip to pick which Reef location would provide guests with the best snorkelling and scuba diving conditions.
Our Reef locations
While all our reefs offer world-class diving and snorkelling destinations, each has something unique to offer visitors. The captain will consider weather, season, wind direction, and water clarity to determine the best option for everyone on board.
Glass Bottom Boat tour
The Great Barrier Reef awaits your exploration once you arrive. A Glass-Bottom Boat tour is a great way to see the Reef (complimentary).
The glass-bottom boat tour may not operate if the weather conditions are unsuitable.
Scuba diving and snorkelling
It’s also time for your free certified or introductory dive (no experience necessary). It won’t take long to see why the Great Barrier Reef offers the world’s best coral reefs and scuba diving locations. It doesn’t matter if this is your first time diving or if you’ve been doing it for a long time. Snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef will also be on the itinerary.
Need help in the water
Even if you can not swim, the crew on Reef Experience are famous as the Best Crew on the Reef and will get in the water and swim for you so that you can see the best of the Great Barrier Reef.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at noon, where you can savour and refresh with various salads and BBQ meat.
Second Outer Great Barrier Reef location
To finish off your first two dives at your second dive location, we offer free snorkelling equipment and the option of upgrading to a second-certified or beginner’s dive. On the way back to Cairns, you’ll be able to relax and reminisce about one of your most memorable vacation days.
Next, see our fantastic Great Barrier Reef tours.
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef Tour locations
- 2 spectacular outer Barrier reef locations
- the best crew on the reef
Cairns Deluxe Itinerary for Great Barrier Reef tour Snorkeling and Diving
- 07:30 – First Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in
- 08:00 – Approximate departure and Safety Talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by a detailed scuba dive briefing.
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel and dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams, plus more.
- 10:30 – Next, take the Glass Bottom Boat tour (approximately 20-minute tour)
- 12:30 – Then enjoy a delicious Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans and black coral trees in its shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef.
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese and biscuits.
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns.
Reef Experience has more inclusions and the best price.
- Great Barrier Reef boat tour with a glass bottom (weather permitting)
- Marine Biologist Presentation
- Free certification or introductory dives are available.
- Cairns hotel transportation
- a bbq breakfast
- an excellent lunch (Please advise any dietary requirements when you book)
- a glass of wine and a small snack to enjoy on the way back home
- All fees and taxes related to the Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkelling gear and instruction are included in your day.
- Flotation aids, including life rings and life jackets, as well as swimming noodles
- Water, tea and coffee all day long (while the boat is stationary)
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour of the reef: Snorkel with an experienced Marine Biologist and learn about the marine life you see on an educational and interactive tour.
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc.
- Dive Guides for already qualified ‘Certified’ scuba divers (dive guides included for beginner divers)
- Prescription Mask Hire our clients who wear contact lenses. Normally, you will be able to use them on the day.
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area.
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon Great Barrier reef location.
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat and Sunglasses,
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour, Reef Experience departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ Number 8 View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in. The Reef Experience vessel arrived directly at Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm.
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are within walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We are passionate about showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please ensure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia, has the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical, as is the law.
We recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire. Some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
Our mission is always to provide our passengers with the best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Scuba Diving Medical Questionnaire
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
After scuba diving, you must not fly for at least 18 hours.
You should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive for multiple dives.
If you are Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.