Reef Experience the Best way to see the Reef
Join us onboard our high-speed Catamaran “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable day visiting two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef tour locations and discovering the breathtaking wonder of this World Heritage environment.
Reef Experience is Cairn’s only ALL inclusive Great Barrier Reef tour, which offers a FREE Scuba Dive and Glass-bottom boat tour.
Catering for all levels in Swimming, Snorkelling and Scuba Diving, everyone will find the perfect way to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
Experienced Swimmer or Snorkeler?
Our crew will show to the best parts and show you where to find the marine marvels that call the Great Barrier Reef their home.
Never Snorkelled before or can’t Swim?
Our friendly and professional crew is always ready to jump in and assist everybody who needs help. This ensures that you are comfortable with your equipment and introduce you to some of our brightly coloured tropical fish.
We are passionate about our guests having the best day experiencing the magic that is Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
A day on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef Tour will be one of the most memorable days in your life.
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef Tour locations
- 2 spectacular outer Barrier reef locations
- the best crew on the reef
- 07:30 – First board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in
- 08:00 – Approximate departure and Safety Talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by a detailed scuba dive briefing.
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel and dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams, plus more.
- 10:30 – Next take the Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20-minute tour)
- 12:30 – Then enjoy a delicious Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans and black coral trees in its shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef.
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese and biscuits.
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns.
For those staying in the Cairns Business District area, bus transfers to and from your accommodation to the boat are included on your day trip.
BBQ bacon and egg rolls are served.
Our chef’s cater to all dietary requirements. Please advise upon booking. All food is locally sourced and prepared fresh by our onboard chef.
Marine Biology Presentation
is a great way to learn about the marine life on the Great Barrier Reef from our resident onboard expert as you journey to your first reef destination.
Free scuba dive
All scuba dive equipment hire is included in your trip, along with one free scuba dive (certified or resort dive)!*
Glass bottom boat tours
are a great way to comfortably witness life beneath the waves and have it all explained by our marine experts.
Buffet style lunch is served with a wide variety of meal options with healthy salads on the side.
Our onboard chef will cater to all dietary requirements. Please advise upon booking. All food is locally sourced and prepared fresh by our onboard chef.
Unlimited morning and afternoon snorkelling at two reef locations. Non-swimmer snorkel tours are also included throughout the day.
Wine, cheese and crackers
Enjoy a light snack with wine on the journey back to Cairns.
Tea and coffee are served throughout the day, except when the boat is moving.
is provided onboard free of charge. We highly recommend using sunscreen because you will be out on the ocean in the sun all day.
We include mandatory reef tax and fuel levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the trip cost, so there won’t be extra hidden charges on the day.
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour of the reef: Snorkel with an experienced Marine Biologist and learn about the marine life you see on an educational and interactive tour.
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc.
- Dive Guides for already qualified ‘Certified’ scuba divers (dive guides included for beginner divers)
- Prescription Mask Hire our clients who wear contact lenses. It is quite normal that you will be able to use them on the day.
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area.
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location.
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat and Sunglasses,
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour, Reef Experience departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience.’
Arrive back at Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm.
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are within walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia, has the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
We recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire. Some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Scuba Diving Medical Questionnaire
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please get in touch with our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
After scuba diving, you must not fly for at least 18 hours.
For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.