Cairns Sailing to Michaelmas Cay
Cairns Sailing offers a relaxing day you are just going to love. Starting with sailing and snorkelling the world-famous Great Barrier Reef. This is an experience on everyone’s bucket list!
Next Ocean Spirit sails to the Coral Sea on a 32-metre sailing catamaran travelling under motorised sail for about 2 hours. Then arrive at the unique Michaelmas Cay. There this is so much to see and do here!
This picturesque sand island is rich in historical and environmental significance.
Michaelmas Cay is at the tip of Michaelmas Reef, and features excellent coral and marine life thriving here.
Next you can enjoy the reef in many different ways from snorkelling to scuba diving, experience the semi-submersible coral viewing tour.
Then watch the fish feeding or chill out on the sand watching the birdlife.
During this day there are options for all levels of swimming experience.
This Great Barrier Reef tours visits Michaelmas Cay.
Your Adventure Begins
07:30 – Check-in at Ocean Spirit’s counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal
08:00 – Boarding commences. Morning tea with muffin and focaccia served.
08:30 – Depart Cairns
09:00 – Reef Brief, safety, and snorkel demonstration
09:30 – Marine Biologist slide show presentation
10:00 – Dive brief for introductory divers
10:30 – Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence:
- Fish feeding presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
- Introductory scuba diving. (Dive sessions are 11:00am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm)
Noon – Buffet lunch onboard
13:00 – Continue Reef activities
14:30 – Afternoon Tea onboard
15:30 – Commence sailing back to Cairns. Enjoy complimentary sparkling wine, cheese and crackers.
17:00 – Arrive back in Cairns
Cairns Sailing Inclusions”
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns
- Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay on the Reef
- Morning tea with muffins and focaccia
- Afternoon tea with tropical fruit platter and cake of the day
- Delicious hot and cold buffet lunch, including fresh prawns
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Buoyancy vests
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
- Fish feedings presentation
- A glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, cheese and crackers.
- Lycra suits
- Environmental Management Charge
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Introductory and Certified Diving (Medical Conditions Apply)
- Your camera
- Swimming costume and towel
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, souvenirs or optional activities
How do I Get There?
Check at the Ocean Spirit counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal for your boarding pass.
Boarding commences at 7:30 am
You arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 5:00 pm
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Information for Scuba Diving
Safety Comes First!
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
We recommend that our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible[/toggle]