Green Island Half Day tour
Create fabulous memories on beautiful Green Island with this Green Island Half-Day Tour.
Surrounded by white sandy beaches, lush tropical rainforest and Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. There is no better way to get there and experience this than with the Green Island Half-Day Tour.
Choose to not only snorkel or dive but stay dry and see the spectacular reefs on a glass-bottom boat tour. Alternatively, laze on the white sandy beach.
Green Island offers an array of activities to suit all abilities and is subsequently ideal for non-swimmers
About Green Island
Green Island is a coral cay formed over thousands of years by building sand and coral rubble. The island is a unique rainforest environment covered in tropical forest and, as a result, supports an array of birds and insects.
The surrounding coral reef is home to many kinds of corals, clams, fish and stingrays, to name a few. Consequently, it is a popular area for Green Sea Turtles and the Hawksbill turtle, so you may be lucky enough to see one while snorkelling.
Guru-Gula Gungandji is the indigenous people of this island and surrounding reefs. To them, Green Island is actually known as Wunyami.
Where is Green Island?
Green Island is only 27km northeast of Cairns and approximately 45 minutes by boat. It is a National Park and home to over 120 native plant species and birdlife. Coral Gardens and marine life are abundant and waiting for you to explore.
Plan your day to Green Island
Stroll through tropical rainforest, laze on white sandy beaches, swim, dive or snorkel. There is a wide range of optional activities to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, not to mention walk on the ocean floor with Seawalker helmet diving.
We recommend taking part in the Self Guided Eco Island Walk to gain insight into the flora and their Indigenous uses.
Green Island Half-Day Tour departs from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal. Choose from several departure times on offer.
For the ultimate Green Island experience, why not stay at the beautiful Green Island Resort
- White Sandy beaches to relax and also build sandcastles
- Deck Chairs to relax and then work on your suntan
- Tropical rainforest with a boardwalk throughout
- Tropical Island Getaway
- Green Sea Turtles are frequent visitors
You can choose your preferred departure times from Cairns and Green Island!
Travel time to Green Island Day Tour is approx. 45 minutes
CAIRNS TO GREEN ISLAND
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
Departs 08:30am & 10:30am
GREEN ISLAND TO CAIRNS
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Half day up to approximately 5 hours on Green Island
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Self Guided Eco Walk
- Use of island swimming pool exclusive for Great Adventures guests
- Use of day visitor facilities.
- Lunch is available from several different casual outlets however you may choose Emerald’s Restaurant.
- Scuba Diving
- Seawalker Helmet Diving
- Flotation Vests & Lycra Suits
- Scenic Helicopter Flights
- Beach umbrellas and deck chairs
- Coach Transfers from Cairns Business Area or Northern Beaches
- Towel, hat, sunscreen as well as swimwear & sunglasses
- Cash for snacks, drinks, souvenirs or underwater cameras
- Credit card for purchases
- In addition, you can bring along a picnic lunch with you too, however no alcohol is permitted due to the Resort liquor licensing.
Green Island Transfers depart from the Marlin Jetty in Cairns.
Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, 30 minutes before departure.
Green Island Half Day Tour transfers via comfortable catamaran.
Important Information for Scuba Diving & Seawalker
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world and as a result, the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
flying After Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.