Cairns Sailing to Michaelmas Cay
Cairns Sailing with Ocean Spirit offers a relaxing day you are just going to love. This tour has sailing and snorkelling on the world-famous Great Barrier Reef.
Ocean Spirit 32-metre sailing catamaran travelling under motorised sail for about 2 hours.
Next, arrive at Michaelmas Cay for a relaxing day at this picturesque site.
Michaelmas Cay is at the tip of Michaelmas Reef and features excellent coral and marine life thriving here.
Next, you can enjoy the reef in many different ways, from snorkelling to scuba diving and the semi-submersible coral viewing tour.
Then watch the fish feeding or chill out on the sand watching the birdlife.
During this day, there are options for all levels of swimming experience.
Ocean Spirt visits Michaelmas Cay to find out more by clicking on the picture.
This Great Barrier Reef tours visits Michaelmas Cay.
Your Adventure Begins
07:30 – First check-in at Ocean Spirit’s counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal
08:00 – Boarding commences.
8:05 – Morning tea with muffin and focaccia served.
08:30 – Depart Cairns
09:00 – Reef Brief, safety, and snorkel demonstration
09:30 – Marine Biologist slide show presentation
10:00 – Dive brief for introductory divers
10:30 – Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence:
Noon – Buffet lunch onboard
13:00 – Continue Reef activities
14:30 – Afternoon Tea onboard
15:30 – Commence sailing back to Cairns.
Then relax and enjoy complimentary sparkling wine, cheese and crackers.
17:00 – Arrive back in Cairns
Activities while you are at Michaelmas Cay
- Fish feeding presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
- Introductory scuba diving. (Dive sessions are 11:00am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm)
Cairns Sailing Inclusions
- Ocean Spirit cruise to Michaelmas Cay
- Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay on the Reef
- Then morning tea with muffins and focaccia
- Afternoon tea with tropical fruit platter and cake of the day
- Delicious hot and cold buffet lunch, including fresh prawns
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- Buoyancy vests
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary
- Fish feedings presentation
- A glass of sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, cheese and crackers.
- Lycra suits
- Environmental Management Charge
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Introductory and Certified Diving (Medical Conditions Apply)
- Your camera
- Swimming costume and towel
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, souvenirs and optional activities
How do I Get There?
Check your boarding pass at the Ocean Spirit counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal.
Boarding commences at 7:30 am
You arrive back at Cairns Marina at approximately 5:00 pm
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are within walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Information for Scuba Diving
Safety Comes First!
Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia, has the strictest scuba diving rules globally.
The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates all companies that provide scuba diving. There are regulations that all companies must adhere.
All passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving. Our mission is to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single, no decompression scuba dive, do not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive.
You should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive for multiple dives.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.