Cairns Great Barrier Reef Tour is the Best way to see the Great Barrier Reef
Join us onboard our high-speed Catamaran “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable day visiting two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef tour locations and discover the breath-taking wonder of this World Heritage environment.
Reef Experience is Cairn’s only ALL inclusive Great Barrier Reef tour which also offers a FREE Scuba Dive and Glass-bottom boat tour.
Catering for all levels in Swimming, Snorkelling and Scuba Diving, everyone will find the perfect way to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
Our crew will show you to the best patches of coral and can tell you where to find the marine marvels that call the reef their home.
Never Snorkelled before or can’t Swim? Our friendly Crew are always ready to jump in and assist everybody who needs help to ensure that you have the best Great Barrier Reef experience!
We are passionate about our guests having fun and experiencing the magic of our Great Barrier Reef Tour.
A day on the Great Barrier Reef Tour will be one of the most memorable days in your life.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Up to 5 hours at two Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited snorkelling
- All snorkel & scuba equipment INCLUDING wetsuit
- FREE Scuba Dive Medical Conditions do apply – Please see below
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour (weather permitting)
- Return shuttle to Cairns City Accommodation
- Marine Biology Presentation
- Breakfast & lunch provided
- Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine on the return
- Dietary requirements catered for (please advise upon booking).
- Crew assistance for inexperienced snorkelers/swimmers
- Flotation aids
- Large Sun Deck and air-conditioned indoor areas
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees. Unlike other operators, mandatory levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost so there won’t be extra charges on the day
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour of the reef: Snorkel with an experienced Marine Biologist and learn about the marine life you see on an educational and interactive tour
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Dive Guides for already qualified ‘Certified’ scuba divers (dive guides included for beginner divers)
- Prescription Mask Hire if you require stronger lenses to see (contact lenses can be worn)
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location
What to Bring
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
How to get there
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience.’Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 PM
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba DivingFor a single no-decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible